Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Final (probably!) update before IM France

A quick one as we're a bit busy at the moment having moved house at the weekend, trying to work for the first half of the week and packing to leave tomorrow!

Now the training's basically finished, a brief summary of what I've done in 2013 up to now (24 weeks):

Swim: not much! 43M or about 22 hours - less than an hour a week (scary now I see that!), although most of that was in the last couple of months.

Bike: lots (for me). Nearly 3,000M or about 159 hours.

Run: average. About 830M or 98 hours. Just ticking over at about 35M per week, but had a couple of pleasing runs (marathon at end of March and a 10k PB a few weeks ago).

But the key is that I think I've done more training than Andy. Also, the training wasn't evenly spread, with a large volume in May (75 hours), which I'm hoping will have given the overload to add a bit of strength.

So as previously mentioned, my target would be to qualify for Kona, which I suspect will need about 9:30 or thereabouts. The plan would be roughly 60/5:20/3:0x, plus transitions, but I don't really have a feel for whether that bike split is doable on that course, and if it's hot the run will probably be a bit slower. Forecast is looking OK at the moment - warm but not ridiculously hot as it has been in some other years.

Anyway, nothing can be done now other than making sure I'm fresh and ready to go on Sunday morning. And trying to get a bit of a tan to reduce the sunburn during the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment