Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April update

The end of the month seems to have come around really quickly, so I thought it was time to write down what I've been doing in April. Essentially, nothing particularly epic, just some solid training and trying to build for Nice. A summary of the month's training:

Swimming - 5 hours, 15km (not enough!)
Cycling - 33 hours, 609M (decent, but still need more work before Nice)
Running - 20 hours, 165M (seem to be running quite well, just need to maintain)

So 58 hours in total, which is a solid month's work, but I think May will need to be better if I want to get a good result at Nice.

Highlights of the month were:

1. Starting to ride my new bike - a Felt AR4 which I will be using at Nice. Really like it!
2. A great ride 97M over the Chilterns, effectively picking up the Chiltern 100 route and following that for 60M, so it included Whiteleaf, Wardrobes, Kingston Hill etc. It also included a very pleasant pub lunch en route - this was necessary for Paddy to be able to make it home!
3. The first Southern Athletics League fixture of the year. Not really useful Ironman training, but good fun! I was pretty pleased with a 15:46 5000m given I had done a 90 minute turbo in the morning and then cycled to Uxbridge for the fixture. I then somehow won the 1500m (my first ever 1500m win!) in 4:25 - not a great time but it was a little bit tactical. The cycle home into a stiff headwind was not pleasant!

Plan for May is at least 70 hours, but we're off to Majorca next week so should be able to cram in a lot of cycling in those 5 days. Then there's the Tour of Wessex at the end of May (I'm just doing days 2 and 3). Then it won't be long until Nice - scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment